Peel Region Football is a volunteer-based youth sport organization. You can volunteer in many ways such as a coach, manager or a helper so you can be a part of your child’s positive experience in football. We always tell our players that a football team is successful because of hard work and teamwork and a football organization is no different. We teach players the values of self-worth, cooperation, goal setting and individual responsibility and what better way to do so than by our own actions. Volunteering in youth sport is a rewarding experience and you can help as a:
- Team Manager – help out your team and Head Coach by being a liaison between the coach and parents, communicating league information to parents, keeping the team binders with player information organized and helping the team in other ways as well.
- Stats Keeper – if you know the rules of the game or be willing to learn, you can make a huge impact on your team helping to capture games statistics.
- Fundraising Coordinator – you can help create and manage team fundraising opportunities so your players can enjoy an end-of-year party and you can also coordinate PRF fundraising information, answers questions and also acts as the Team Treasurer to collect and record money.
- Chain Gang – the home team must provide the chains, but the visiting team must provide the chain gang. There are three people needed, two for chains and one for the down marker.
- Team Field Set Up or Tear Down – a PRF Board Member will be out every weekend during the season to set up yard markers, goal post pads, the game clock, and chains for the home game. If your team is the last one on the field, please help assist in returning to storage all the above field equipment.
- Team Photographer – takes photos of games to share with team families.
- Team Videographer – responsible for videotaping all games and posting video to the team’s HUDL account
- Coaching – coaches are the backbone of our league. Without the thousands of parents and adults signing up to coach every year, the youth sports world would cease to be. Do your part and get involved.
- Game Day Helpers – take a direct part in PRF success! Volunteer to help out at events, registrations, equipment fittings, at the gate or selling 50/50 tickets for Panther home games and in many other ways. PRF will send out requests as needed.
When youth sport programs find success to be a challenge, it isn’t due to a lack of desire but because there aren’t enough volunteers. Be a force for change and making great things happen for our athletes – volunteer opportunities are available throughout the entire season! If you would like to take on an opportunity, please send an email to our Volunteer Coordinator. Please include your name, the best way to reach you and in what way you are willing to volunteer. Depending on the position you apply for you will need to fill out an application, have an interview and, if required for the position, have a police background check. These are important steps to make sure our children are in safe hands. Thank you in advance for your time and support.